The National Theatre of Namibia (NTN) is a well-governed arts and culture institution that is an incubator (facilitator) for the development of a vibrant performing arts sector in Namibia. The theatre fosters excellent artistic experiences that are informed by Namibia’s rich and diverse cultural forms.
NTN hereby invites qualified and dynamic Namibian candidates to apply for the position of:
FINANCE & ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
- Postgraduate Degree in Finance/Accounting
- At least three (3) years’ working experience in a Managerial/Supervisory position
- Sound knowledge of Pastel Accounting/Payroll
- Excellent planning, administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent computer literacy skills (MS Package)
- Strong Analytical and Reporting skills
- Knowledge of the Performing Arts & the Labour Laws would be an advantage
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Any other local language would be an advantage.
- Spearhead financial management tasks including budget development and administration, procurement, reporting, payroll controls, fixed assets registry and risk management to drive overall business success.
- Analyse and report periodical performance of the business activities.
- Develop and implement tools to optimize financial reporting and measure performance (indicators, dashboard, business reviews etc.)
- Ensure that the external audits and all auditing processes are carried out smoothly and in accordance with the applicable laws.
Strategic Planning & Reporting
- Formulate objectives and priorities, and implement plans consistent with the long-term interests of the organisation in a global environment.
- Identify and capitalise on opportunities and manage risks.
- Assess staff performance and provide coaching and guidance to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Resolve conflicting situations arising in the team.
Other Responsibilities/Work Activities
- Front of House Management at the theatre events.
- General administration related to the Finance and Administration functions.
We offer a competitive remuneration and skills development programs, medical aid, pension & 13th cheque.
Send your application letter, CV and certified copies of qualifications to: (no faxes)
Human Resources Practitioner
National Theatre of Namibia
12 John Meinert Street
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and no documents will be returned. When submitting, ensure that documents are in PDF format. Applicants will be subjected to ITC and reference checks.
Closing Date: 24 June 2021, 16H00.